NZ Adventure – At it’s Best !
Kaupapa Hauora – Youth Adventure Trust
Kaupapa Hauora – (Mind Health & Wellbeing Focused)
Adventure Challenge – 5 days
Enriched and focused learning
A 5 Day program designed to encourage & inspire youth to work towards active lifestyles, healthy minds.
To Re- Inspire –
Individual gains –
- Develop self worth, self belief & resilience.
- Increased self-esteem and confidence.
- Develop positive role modelling & leadership skills
- Gain tools to better understand & manage anxiety, stress and pressure.
- To know its “OK not to be OK & Its OK to ask for help – Know how / where to find help when needed.
- Enhanced motivation, participation and achievement.
- Whanau Ora – Understand the importance of building healthy relationships with friends, whanau, community.
- Understand the power & effect of actions and words; To understand how simple words can make or break another’s day.
- Environmental awareness – gain an understanding and appreciation for the environment.
- Safety – Self safety, Gain valuable safety & risk management skills in the outdoors.
- Experience adventure, recreation & being active; realize the benefits this can have on your health & lifestyle.
- Inspiration to ignite a desire & passion to learn.
The need this project addresses?
- Youth Challenges – Boredom, Motivation, lessened enthusiasm
- Lack of interest & participation indoors & out.
- Lacking concentration and interest in a class learning environment.
- Personal barriers – Confidence, image, fitness ability, self awareness, self worth.
- Stress, Pressure, Anxiety.
- Truancy – Encouraging youth to stay in school
- Whakawhanaungatanga – Weakened, distanced relationships with positive friends and whanau.
This program includes accommodation/ catering / essential clothing / safety equipment.
Activities include –
- Safety / Risk Management Training
- Kayaking – Inflatable Kayaks – Whakapapa & Whanganui Rivers
- Caving – Okupata Caves Tongariro Forest
- Hiking – Short walks & the possibility of completing the Tongariro Alpine Crossing
- Bonfire / Cooking Outdoors
- Navigation / Bush-craft
Enquires- Please contact us direct to discuss rates / availability etc.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Txt – 0272427209 (Sarah Cate)